Yoga for Trauma
October 1, 8, 22 and 29, 2015
Thursdays, 6-7:30 p.m.
This 4 week series will focus on teaching you yogic techniques and modern neuroscience theory to heal from trauma. Taught by Anna Ferguson, E-RYT 200 and RYT 500 and Becca Odom, LCSWA, we will take you on a journey back to your heart, giving you the tools to not only heal your traumatic experiences, but also thrive in your life.
Are you currently challenged with grief, loss, divorce, anxiety, depression or PTSD? Yoga has tools, developed over thousands of years, to help you manage and heal traumatic experiences. Whether you or a loved one is experiencing the physical, mental or emotional effects of trauma, we invite you to come and learn the ancient techniques of yoga discussed and taught in tandem with modern neuroscience, blended into a powerful and gentle healing process by Anna Ferguson, E-RYT 200, RYT 500 and Becca Odom, LCSWA, RYT 200.
You will learn:
– How trauma affects all levels of being – physical, mental and emotional
– Simple, effective techniques you can use on and off the mat to help you cope and heal.
– How to access your body’s tools that already exist to heal and thrive.
– How to strengthen your mind, heart and spirit to deal with challenges with less suffering.
– A safe, supportive and sensitive environment that abides by guidelines created by one of the foremost research institutes for trauma, The Trauma Center at the Justice Resource Institute in Boston, MA.
This course is appropriate for all who are seeking to heal the trauma of past experiences and live freely in the present moment.
IMPORTANT: If you have had a current/recent trauma experience and are not under the care of a licensed mental health professional, please contact us first before signing up for this course. This course is ideal for those people ready to consciously and carefully deal with their trauma in a room with a group of people. If you have any questions or concerns about your readiness to try this course, please email us and we will coordinate a time to talk to make sure you are comfortable and ready to have a positive experience taking this course.